Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Honey Whole Wheat Bread

Ingredients 
  • 1 1/8 cups water 
  • 3 cups whole wheat flour 
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons salt 
  • 1/3 cup honey 
  • 1 tablespoon dry milk powder 
  • 1 1/2 tablespoons shortening 
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons active dry yeast 
Directions:  Place ingredients in bread machine pan in the order suggested by the manufacturer. Select Whole Wheat setting, and then press Start.
We found this on AllRecipes. Go here to see the recipe or change the size of the loaf.



I only make bread with a bead maker right now. In part because I left our bread pans at our old house and have managed to not buy any after three years and, in larger part, because I am lazy and time strapped. This bread is nice and soft with a perfect crust. We haven't varied from the recipe because it is so good.
 
 
I have an aversion to posting things (especially food) without pictures. I like to see what I am making and, if I am posting it, I like to see my work.

1 comment:

  1. Made this tonight, and it was delish! Thanks, this may become a new fav for homemade bread!

    ReplyDelete