Thursday, September 6, 2012

Peach Freezer Jam

This is sooo simple and quick and tasty! It took me 40 min to crank out a ton. And it is yummy. And, as far as sugar goes for jams and jellies, this hardly has any which is really nice. One I looked at was 4 cups of fruit, 5 cups of sugar and one cup of kero syrup. Diabetes in a jar, what? On to the scrumptious. (I stole the whole direction thing off of her site). Also, it tastes %900 better the next day. It needs to sit for a bit if you keep any out to eat right away.

Ingredients:
  • 4 cups crushed peaches, pitted
  • 1 1/2 cups sugar
  • 5 tablespoons instant pectin
Method:
1. I skinned the peaches by shocking in boiling water for thirty seconds then submerging them in a big bowl if ice water.
2. The skin peeled off easily with my fingers.
3. I pitted the peaches by pulling the flesh apart with my hands. Stoned the peaches?
4. Using a large slotted spoon, I crushed/mashed the peaches thoroughly, but not completely, so that some chunks remained.
5. I removed the fruit to a bowl, and measured out 4 cups into a bowl with the granulated sugar and the pectin. [Aside, when I was a little girl, I tried to grow a peach tree by planting the pit in our backyard. I was so sad when a magical tree never grew.] I integrated the fruit, stirring for three minutes.
6. I filled the jars and covered, let stand for thirty minutes.
7. I froze all but one plastic jar, using it to slather an English muffin with unsalted butter and sweet peach jam. Heaven!

Read more: http://www.fromaway.com/cooking/how-to-make-peach-freezer-jam#ixzz25kTjCaCE


So, ummm, maybe I did eat some out of the jar with the help of the childrens. But if you make it you will too!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment